Leadership for Sustainable Development
We're currently recruiting for 2014-15!
Applications are now being considered for the final round of interviews, to be held in early August.
Forum for the Future’s Masters course in Leadership for Sustainable Development provides recent graduates with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to launch a career in the sustainability sector. The Masters course is one year, full time, London-based and embedded within our international sustainability non-profit, benefitting from access to our partner companies, expertise and contacts. Highly regarded by employers, it has a 90% employment rate.
Who it is for?
Recent graduates from any discipline who are passionate about sustainable development and working towards a career in the sector.
Designed for a small group of 12 students, a full-time one-year programme at the cutting-edge of theory and practice. Four, six-week long work placements with our partner businesses, government departments and NGOs are a unique feature allowing the building of an impressive CV and numerous contacts. These placements are interspersed with seminar weeks based at Forum’s London offices. Tuition is from leading thinkers and practitioners such as Jonathon Porritt, Sara Parkin, Professor Tim Jackson and Leadership Trust experts. There is a strong emphasis on skills development and group work, including a group project in lieu of a dissertation. Coursework only with no examinations.
To develop sustainability champions who have both the competence and confidence to become leaders for sustainable development through equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed.
- Apply an understanding of the concepts of sustainable development, systems thinking, leadership and innovation in a range of contexts
- Understand through first-hand experience, the sustainability opportunities and challenges faced by organisations
- Develop transferable skills and competencies relevant to one aspiring to provide leadership in sustainable development
This programme is a joint initiative between Forum for the Future and Middlesex University, supported by the Leadership Trust. The qualification is a Master of Arts from Middlesex University. It is not graded and is based on one 180 credit module.
Where and When
London-based (but with work placements in UK and Europe).
8 September 2014 - 15 July 2015
The fees for UK/EU residents for the 2014-15 academic year are £10,000. These fees cover:
- Access to Middlesex University's facilities
- Access to Forum for the Future’s expertise and resources, including an individual mentor from the Forum staff and invitation to Forum’s staff learning events
- Sourcing of four work placements and support throughout each
- Accommodation and travel costs for out of London placements
- Two modules run by the commercial leadership development experts, The Leadership Trust
- 12 weeks of tuition, seminars and skills sessions led by leading sustainability experts
- Five individual tutorials with detailed feedback and guidance on written work
- Membership of a close knit support network of over 200 course alumni who are working in sustainability
Click on the image below for more information about the course and to see what some of our graduates say: